Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tokyo, baby!

Well, we are in the final days before the Man and I embark on a our first international Christmas. My brother lovely paid for our tickets to spend Christmas with the whole family in Tokyo, Japan! I think the Man is finally getting excited, but we are both dreading the seriously long plane right. It's 14 hours to get there, then a 1 hour train ride to his apartment in Shinjuku.

The Man and I went shopping for my brother as he had quite a few requests for goods to bring from the states. Of all the things he wanted, the junk food is what cracks me up. We have literally about 30 lbs of junk food in a small suitcase, the majority of it is sweets. Pop Tarts, peanut butter cups, Hostess fruit pies, and Toffifay. He didn't ask for the Toffifay, but I know he loves it and it's hard to find. We went to 4 stores before we found it. Walgreens is the only place that carries it, if you can believe that.

Anyway, I can't wait to get there, see my brother and parents and spend the holidays aboard. How many people can say that they spend Christmas in Tokyo? It should be an experience, and I will try to blog while I'm there, but it might be difficult. Updates when we return!

No comments: