Friday, October 24, 2008

Working in Limbo Land

I still have a job. Well, kinda. It's more about coming to work, filling up space, breathing the air, and waiting. I do a lot of waiting around.

After the news broke about my bank, and the other bank was taking us over, we were told to contact our clients and reassume them that it was "all good". Bring your money back, it's safe now. Let me rub your back....

We did all that. We tried to get all the clients back, we were somewhat successful. But that's where it ends. You see, I'm in sales. We can't sell our products because we won't have them after the big bank that saved us fully intergrates us. We will begin using big bank's products. We can't sell big bank's products, because we don't know them. It's quite the pickle.

Plus, I support two RMs that have pretty much given up. I can't really do anything unless they are generating business which they aren't. I have reached out to other people to see what else I can do, and I am getting some work from them, but it's sporadic.

We have now been told that we will find out about our job status on or before December 1. I heard from my boss last week that he is meeting on October 30 in Seattle and we MAY know something before the December deadline. But until then, "keep doing what you're doing."

So keep doing nothing. I'll just sit here, and wait. And wait. And wait.

No comments: